Twice a year our team members gather somewhere in the USA for a retreat. This is not a vacation, but structured time to regroup. Retreats are among our “practices” which help us develop a culture which includes “transformative living”. I wrote about this here.
This week we will be meeting on the coast of Washington State, giving attention to:
- sharing recent developments in our families and ministries
- reviewing our “Sandbox” which describes our direction in ministry
- sharing with each other our plans for the next year, and praying for them
- taking personal time to walk, reflect, rest, think, pray
- celebrate with a nice dinner, and watch a movie together
- learn a ministry skill or two
- worship and share together in God’s Word
- check our systems of support, encouragement, and accountability
It will be good to hear what God has been doing!!