Here’s a bit about who we are:
Well let’s see. We are a small band of missionary-types living most of the time in the U.S. We love to help believers and churches reach out with Christ’s love to refugees, immigrants, international students, and under-served people around them.
And because we believe local churches should reflect the ethnic diversity of God’s kingdom, we help churches make progress toward “intercultural unity” through coaching leaders.
We also really appreciate internationals who love Jesus and have come to the USA. It is a shame that we overlook the wealth of insight and experience available through you, brothers and sisters. We want to get to know you and find some ways to partner.
We live in different cities in the U.S., and often travel to other countries for ministry.
I’m Bob Rasmussen and I live in the Seattle area, and I am the (quite casual) Director of Near Frontiers. I love to hike, kayak (when it’s warm), write, and play my trumpet with the worship team at our church.
Check out “Bob’s blog” for some of my adventures.
How about you? Are you…
Ministering with a church?
- we coach pastors who desire progress toward diversity
- we help mission committees formulate their plan
An immigrant to the USA who loves Jesus Christ?
- we would love to learn and serve together with you
- we should talk about ways to partner together
A believer interested in local cross-cultural friendships? We can:
- give you resources for connecting cross-culturally where you live
- explain various ways to get involved in missions locally
- discuss ministry to international students and refugees
- provide suggestions for starting a missions prayer group
Do you wonder if overseas missions is God’s will for you? We would love to:
- coach you in how to prepare
- explain issues for students, singles, and married (with kids too)
- overview different kinds of mission work, & various groups you may want to consider.
- advise you on courses of study
- talk about kinds of workers who are needed overseas
- tell you about an internship overseas (what length and cost)
Are you researching possible mission agencies to join? We can:
- explain opportunities in the USA or globally
- talk options in raising support, amounts, and how to begin now to find your partners
In addition to the many topics we can talk about with you, we have a couple resources you can check out on this website:
- #John4activist gives guidelines and some resources on starting your own mission-focused prayer group right where you are.
- Passport to Friendship is a 6-part study which you facilitate in your church or small group. All you have to do is email a request and we will send the lessons free of charge
Get in touch
I’ve written a brilliant (just kidding) explanation of who we are and what we do. It explains why, with all the needs around the world, I believe the USA is an amazing mission field right now. Please download this White Paper Intro Near Frontiers and let me know how it strikes you!
If you are a strategic thinker, you’ll want to know our Vision and Mission:
The body of Christ in all its diversity united in making disciples of all peoples
We exist to partner within the diverse body of Christ to stimulate intercultural unity and gospel transformation among diaspora and under-served peoples.
Biblical commitment, Multiplication, Servanthood, Partnership, Innovation, Godly character, Unity in diversity, Family
Serving the under-served, Faith and accountability, Transformative living, Synergy through team
Tweet This Our opportunity as believers in America, is to partner together to love those who have moved into our neighborhoods.
And if you are really curious!
Near Frontiers was previously known as One Challenge USA, and continues to be a ministry of One Challenge (OC) International.
Our main office is in Federal Way, WA. We also have personnel in Los Angeles, Phoenix, Eugene, Spokane, and Little Rock.
We are an evangelical mission organization, holding to historic Christian doctrines. We subscribe to the Lausanne Covenant.
Our members participate with groups such as:
- Ethnic America Network (EAN)
- Christian Community Development Organization (CCDA)
- Association of Christians Ministering to Internationals (ACMI)
- Mission America Coalition (MAC)
We would be happy to know about you, or answer any questions you may have!